This is a very RICH, delicious variation on the classic cheesecake. — Aunt Betty
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-covered raisins (optional)
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat
Stir together first 3 ingredients and, if desired, raisins. Press mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Layer mincemeat in bottom over crumbs about 3/4″
Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add rind, juice, and sour cream, beating until blended. Spoon mixture into crust.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until center is firm. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven, with oven door closed, 30 minutes.
Spread mincemeat over cheesecake. Chill 8 hours.