Dorr Christmas Egg Casserole, Grain-free version
This is the grain free, and optionally cow-milk-free, version of the famous Dorr Family Christmas Casserole. It comes out great!
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 c almond meal
- 4 oz of California green chilis, chopped
- 8 oz of goat cheese (the creamy kind) broken up into little hunks
- 2 oz of grated peccorino romano cheese (sheep milk)
- 2 oz of grated raw cheddar cheese (optional)
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter or coconut oil in a 8 by 8 or 9 by 9 inch pan. Mix well and pour into the prepared pan. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 min, reduce to 350 degrees and cook about 30 min more.
Serves 6. Enjoy!