Thai Inspired Paleo Broccoli Chicken Freezer Soup
From the Maynards – Before Ezra was born we had a whirlwind of activity to get the apartment we were staying in ready for the birth and for hosting family. Kevin spent a couple days locked in the kitchen whipping together freezer meals. This is a fairly simple healthy soup that freezes well and packs a whallop of flavor.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ¾ tablespoons dice Shallot
- 2 tablespoons chop Cilantro, Fresh
- 4 cups Chicken Broth/Stock
- 28 fluid ounces Coconut Milk, Canned
- 1 tablespoon Honey Mustard
- 1 ¼ cups sliced Mushrooms
- 1 ¾ cups diced Broccoli
- 3 cooked and shredded Chicken, Boneless Breasts
- 3 teaspoons Red Curry Paste
- 3 tablespoons juice Lime
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 Gallon size freezer bags
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- Add shallots and cilantro to pan and cook until shallots are translucent and softened.
- Turn heat to medium high. Add in chicken stock, coconut milk and honey. Bring to a simmer.
- Once broth reaches a simmer, strain into a clean saucepan, discarding the shallots and cilantro.
- Return broth to a simmer over medium high heat, and add in mushrooms and broccoli florets.
- Cook until broccoli becomes tender.
- Stir in chicken, curry paste, lime juice and fish sauce into soup.
- Allow to cool.
- Divide equally between two gallon size freezer bags and put into freezer.
Remove from bag and reheat in a pot or in the microwave.